Monday, September 21, 2009

Party Time!


We had Kate's birthday party at Southlakes Park. Let me just say, I was so excited about having an outdoor birthday party. We all have winter birthdays. So I've never been able to plan an outdoor party. And we couldn't have asked for a nicer day! It was perfect!! We cooked out some me hamburgers and hot dogs and just had a great time with friends and family. Kate couldn't care less about what was going on but her mama was happy! ;) I found the cutest little tutu for Kate and I made a little tank top with a big 1 on it for her to wear. She looked so cute!! The kids had a good time playing on all the toys and it was nice to have something that occupied their time. When it was time to open presents Kate wanted complete control over her presents. There was this one present that was wrapped with wrapping paper. It was a tiny box and she was insistent on taking all the paper off and doing it all by herself. She would grunt at us if we tried to help her. When it came time for cake she made another HUGE mess. But she was still cute!!



Kate got some great gifts. Lots and lots of clothes! We love clothes!! She also got some pretty fun toys and books to play with! She got her first pair of Nike tennis shoes from her Aunt Kimmie. She also got a bracelet and necklace from our friend Stephanie. She loves wearing them. She'll always lift her wrist up for me to look at. She loves it when I tell her she's so pretty. I think her favorite toy was some stacking rings she got from my grandparents. The day after her birthday she literally played with those rings all day. It
was so cute!


No comments: