Saturday, August 7, 2010

House Updates (Bathroom)

The kids went to Lake Eufaula with my parents this week. While they were gone we decided to paint the countertop in the hall bathroom. The countertop is a navy blue color. We've been able to make it work this long since we've got boys. It goes along with the color scheme in their bathroom. But we're trying to make things more "neutral" so we can put the house on the market. We looked at several different solutions and in the end decided to go with the cheapest option! (I'm a cheap skate what can I say?)

We bought a can of RustOleum Countertop Paint at Lowe's for $20. We had them tint it the color we wanted. We went with beige to stick with the neutral theme. :) It was super easy to apply. I had to add 3 or 4 coats to really cover the blue but it was super simple and took no time at all. The only down side was the smell! It smelled like paint thinner in my house for the rest of the day! It was so
strong! I was very thankful that the kids were out of town because I wouldn't have wanted them anywhere near that smell. The box does say that it needs to dry for three days but it was dry to the touch within a couple hours. I was really happy with the results!

We have a few more touch ups for the bathroom. We bought a new faucet for $25 at Lowe's that we're going to install.
We're going to tile the floor and possibly add a new light fixture and then we'll be done with the bathroom!

No comments: