Monday, August 18, 2008

Baby Kate is on her way!!

You read it right, Baby Kate will most likely be here in the morning! Last Thursday I started feeling pretty yucky so Friday morning I went into the doctor. I wasn't able to see my doctor I had to see the PA whom I've never met before. Let's just say I wasn't too terribly impressed. She hadn't even opened my chart and knew nothing about my history of pre-eclampsia. My blood pressure was high 130/90 and she told me just to go home and rest. I had a prescheduled appointment on Monday so I went ahead and went home and rested all weekend. I started feeling better, but would still get headaches every now and then over the weekend. So I came into my appointment this morning. I knew something was up when the nurse took my blood pressure twice. She took it one time and then said, "Ok I'm going to try that again." It was 136/100. So we did an ultrasound to check on the baby. She looked good and they sent me over to the hospital for observation. We've been here since about 12:30. They've been monitoring me all day and strangely enough about an hour after I got here I started having some pretty strong contractions. They decided they were going to keep me overnight for observations. At about 9:00 p.m. the doctor came in to check me and I'm actually dialated to a 3 already. So she decided to just go ahead and induce. They are going to start the pitocin at about 10:30. Matt was going to stay home with the boys tonight, but the doctor suggested he stay just in case the labor goes quickly. Since it's my third she thinks we might have a baby by early tomorrow morning. We're very excited (and a little nervous). The boys can't wait to meet Baby Kate. So I'm just sitting here waiting. I better go try to rest while I can. We'll post pictures as soon as we can!

No comments: