Sunday, June 15, 2008

A much needed update...

I haven't updated in a while. We've had so much going on. Within the past 3 weeks or so my mom and I have bought a monogramming store. Well, I should say my mom has bought a monogramming store and I'm running it. Some of you may know that my mom used to own Monograms and More. She bought it while I was in high school and ran it for about 5 years. Well we've had the "itch" to get back into it and the opportunity came for her to buy Monograms and More back. So we jumped on it! Mom decided to keep her job and let me handle the day to day duties. It has been a lot of work, and I'm still learning and trying to figure out what I'm doing, but it's getting better. Needless to say, I have not had time for anything. Every spare moment I have I try to spend with my family. The boys come with me to work everyday. They have their own little "corner" with toys, tv, and other stuff to keep them entertained. Although, they would rather be playing in all the clothes out front. It's going to be a challenge to keep them entertained all summer. Gabe is going to a couple VBS's this summer and friends and family have been very helpful in coming and taking them to play for a few hours. We really appreciate everyone's help. But it will be nice once school starts back up in September. Gabe will be going to school 3 days a week and Ryan will be there 2 days a week.
Last week Matt was off work so that I could have a "kid free" first week at the store. He was extremely helpful. When I got home Friday afternoon he had started painting the baby's room! You have to understand that this is a BIG deal because my husband HATES to paint. I was so proud and so excited. With it being my first week at the store I had been stressing all week that I was never going to find time to start on her room. And then over the weekend he pulled up the carpet and laid wood floors in her room. It looks so good! Hopefully I'll be able to go get her bedding this week and we can get her bed and changing table set up next. I'm not sure if I have posted this or not but we have officially decided on a name. The baby girl's name is going to be Kate Olivia. It's so cute to here the boys call her Baby Kate.
Gabe has started to play t-ball! He's only had a couple practices and his first game was rained out last week. He has another game this week so hopefully it won't rain. It will be very interesting seeing how they all do.
Here a few pictures I've taken of different activities we've been doing. With me working so much I haven't really been able to take pictures as much as I would like. 1st t-ball practice
a day at the zoo
playing in the water...






No comments: