Monday, March 17, 2008

Back To Normal

Things are finally starting to get back to normal. I am finally feeling better. I had horrible morning sickness and was completely lacking energy. Our whole family had the flu a few weeks ago. Fever, cough, congestion, etc. I started getting sick on a Sunday, went to the doctor on Monday morning and they told me it was the flu and there was nothing they could do for me since I was pregnant. Basically they just told me to suck it up. It was horrible!! My mom and Matt's mom were sweet enough to watch the boys for me on Tuesday and Wednesday. Wednesday morning Matt started getting sick and went into the doctor. They gave him the Tamiflu to take. Wednesday night Gabe started running a fever and Matt took him to the doctor Thursday morning. She gave both him and Ryan a prescription for the Tamiflu. Thankfully they never got really sick. It took them about a day to get over it. It took Matt about 2-3 days. And it took me a good week and a half to get completely over everything. The worst part about all of that was that we were all sick on Matt's birthday. As most of you know, Matt is a leap year baby and gets a true birthday every 4 years. And this was his year. I had this great surprise party planned for him and everything. We had to cancel at the last minute and we had a small party with just the 4 of us at the house. A couple weeks before Matt had asked me to make him a homemade apple pie for his birthday. Of course I was in no shape to make an apple pie on his birthday. So I ran out in my sweats with my hair pulled back and no make-up looking like death and bought him a small present and a frozen apple pie. And we used that as his birthday "pie". But we're all better now.
My energy has returned and I've just been all over the place. I'm ready to get the boys rooms re-done and get them moved into one bedroom. We're going to have them share a room with a bunk bed and the baby will be in Gabe's old room. I love redecorating and painting so I'm so excited. We find out what we're having on April 7th. So as soon as we find out what we're having I can get started on the baby's room.
I've also been trying to get caught up on my scrapbooking. I'm so very behind and it's so overwhelming! Right now I'm focusing on our trip to Destin (almost 2 years ago!). I've also been getting more and more orders for birthday invitations and baby announcements. Which is exciting! I love doing this kind of stuff and I'm flatter that other people like it too...and their willing to pay for it! This week we're on Spring Break. No work, no school, nothing. I would like to take the boys to the zoo one day this week, and they've been begging to go to the mall too. I don't know why, but that's fine with me. I need to go get Easter outfits anyway. Growing up we always got brand new outfits to wear to church on Easter morning. And I'm trying to keep up that tradition with my kids. But I'm running out of time since Easter is so early this year. So we'll definitely be making a trip to the mall this week.
Well I think that's about all for now. I'm going to post a bunch of pictures too! Hope everyone has a great week!
Singing Happy Birthday to Daddy!

Some layouts from my Destin scrapbook


And here is a quick one I did for Christmas


Here are a couple announcements and invitations I've designed lately.


And finally here are a few I took of the boys the other day...

No comments: