Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's Fun

We had quite a Valentine's Day! I should start with the day before when we took Ryan to the urgent care because he was complaining of his ears hurting. He ended up having a double ear infection and strep throat! Poor guy! So I figured we probably wouldn't go anywhere for Valentine's day. Which really doesn't bother me since I don't like fighting the crowds. (I know, I sound like such an old lady!) So Saturday night after the kids went to bed I got this brilliant idea to decorate the kitchen for the holiday! I guess I was missing my days of teaching when we would decorate our classroom for our Valentines party. I got out all my scrapbook paper and just started cutting decorations. I was really fun! I hung all the decorations from the ceiling and set all the kids little Valentines gifts out on the table. The flowers that Matt got me made the perfect centerpiece!

The nextmorning it sounded like Christmas in our house. I heard Gabe get up as he usually does and go into the living room to watch tv. Then I heard his little feet running back down the hallway to wake Ryan up. He ran into their bedroom and said "Ryan, Ryan come look, quick!" Then I heard two little sets of feet run down the hallway to the kitchen. It was so cute!
I let the kids open their gifts and then we ate a great breakfast that Matt made. Eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy...yum, yum! After that it was a pretty lazy day, which I love! That night Matt made us a great dinner, cheese ravioli's and garlic bread! My favorite!! But just as we sat down to eat this fantastic dinner Kate started throwing up! What a romantic Valentines Day! She ended up being sick all night long. Matt ended up eating his dinner with the boys while I took care of Kate and then when he was done he took over with Kate and I ate my dinner. There's never a dull moment in this house! So needless to say this will be a Valentines day we will never forget!

No comments: